Onion For Hair – 10 Hair Health Benefits & Tips To Use It For Hair Growth
Onions are good for a lot more besides adding flavour to food. Rich in antibacterial and antifungal properties, the use of onion for hair truly helps keeps hair loss at bay.
Amazing Benefits of Onions for Hair
Here are 10 amazing ways your hair can advantage from using onions:
- They are very good at hair follicle nourishment and help restore lost nutrients to your scalp.
- They are rich in Sulphur, which is known to minimize breakage and thinning.
- They have potent anti-bacterial properties and help fight infections of the scalp. This in turn helps reduce hair fall as scalp infections can cause massive loss of hair.
- They are naturally potent antioxidants, which is why they help reverse the effects of early greying.
- This vegetable lends a healthy shine to hair, which can become permanent when used regularly.
- Research has found that they have the ability to prevent neck and head cancer.
- They also make your hair uninhabitable for lice.
- Add volume by using onion juice for hair.
- They can be used to fight dandruff owing to their rich anti-bacterial properties.
- They improve blood circulation which is another way they contribute to hair growth.
Learn How to Make Onion Juice at Home
- Peel the onions and cut them in 4 parts
- Blend these pieces in a juicer/grinder
- Add a little water and then filter the juice using a muslin cloth.
- This will ensure that no onion chunks are stuck in your hair while you use the juice.
Learn How To Use Onion Juice for Hair Growth
- Give your scalp a good application of onion juice
- Using your fingers, gently massage it into your scalp using circular movements
- Let it sit for approx. one hour
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo with a nice fragrance to get rid of the pungent smell of onions.
- Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth Care shampoo and conditioner will wash your hair gently and also nourish it.
- Do this often to witness the benefits
You can also add the benefits of onions and some other ingredient to get stronger, glossier hair!
Homemade Onion Juice Hair Packs for Stronger, Healthier Hair
1. Onion Juice Scalp-Soaking Solution
- Wash the onion thoroughly and peel off the outer layers.
- Chop the onion into smaller pieces and toss into a blender. If you are using a grater, use the finest side to irritate the onion. Using a juicer is the easiest way for preparing onion juice at home.
- Place the pulp in a strainer and squeeze out as much juice as possible.
- Massage the juice into your hair, concentrating on the roots and the scalp.
- Keep it on for 30-45 minutes and wash with shampoo.
2. Onion Juice After-Wash Solution
- Add the onion juice to the warm water.
- Use the mixture as the final rinse after you shampoo.
This onion paste for hair can be used every choice day.
Note: The odor of onion will be retained in your hair until the next time it is shampooed.
3. Onion Juice And Coconut Oil Pack
- Mix the onion juice with the coconut oil.
- Add the necessary oil to the concoction. This step is optional, but essential oils help mask the strong odor of the onion.
- Massage the mixture into the scalp and keep for 1 to 2 hours.
- Rinse the pack off using shampoo and warm water.
4. Onion and Rum Potion
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Place the chopped onions and the rum in a glass jar, and let it sit overnight.
- Strain the mixture and apply it to your scalp.
- clean with shampoo and warm water.
Note: The rum can dry out your hair. Therefore, don’t apply this potion more than once a week.
5. Onion Juice And Honey Hair Mask
Onion juice for hair growth, onion and honey mixture is the best way you can have raw onion orally. You need to take 2 tablespoons of raw onion juice and include a tablespoon of honey to it. You can either intake the juice directly, or can apply the mixture to the scalp as well.
- Mix the onion juice with the honey.
- Apply to hair and maintain it on for 15 minutes.
- Shampoo thoroughly to get rid of all traces of the pack.
6. Olive Oil And Onion Hair Mask
Chop the onion into smaller pieces and blend using a blender. Alternatively, you may use the pulp leftover from creation onion juice.
- Add the beer and the olive oil to the pulp to make a paste.
- Apply to the hair and keep in on for 1 to 2 hours.
- Rinse thoroughly and shampoo.
7. Onion and Curry Leaves Hair Mask
Curry leaves is known for its a lot of hair benefits. It helps strengthen hair, prevents greying and boosts hair health.
- Blend fresh curry leaves in a paste
- Add 2 tablespoons of onion juice in this curry paste
- Apply this hair pack on your scalp
- Rinse it off with mild shampoo after an hour
8. Yogurt and Onion Hair Pack for Stronger Hair
Yogurt helps fight hair fall and when mix with onion juice, helps in the hair growth process.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt and fresh onion juice in a bowl.
- Apply this hair mask on your scalp
- Wash this mixture off with a mild shampoo after an hour
Oral consumption of onion can be similarly benefitting for the hair. Onions are excellent taste enhancers and can make any food taste nice and rich. Hence, if you cannot stand its overpowering smell, you can try adding onions into your usual recipes. This will offer you the same benefit as applying raw onion on the scalp.