Chicken 65 recipe | How to prepare chicken 65 recipe restaurnat style step by step
Learn to prepare simple chicken 65 recipe at home. A famous South indian chicken beginner and a street food as well. It is make in so many ways. The recipe i am giving now is more a street food and can be prepare to a dry recipe. It is also provided in some South Indian restaurants especially in Tamil Nadu.
Now, the Chicken 65 in roadside stalls and restaurants may view a bit different but that’s because they mix a huge pinch of red food colour and I didn’t. But I can convince you that these bite-sized chunk of chicken are brittle on the outside, smooth on the inside, and appropriately spiced up.
To prepare a hyderabadi chicken 65, you can usage yogurt for marination as well for dressing. However it is possible.
I suggest not to use egg since it prepare the chunks spongy and smelly once cooled down. This recipe can be formed even without yogurt an egg if you passion. The conclusion will still be crispy and soft chicken. If you prepare the chicken 65 without egg. It can be preserved for few hrs while there will be no adjustment in the aroma and flavor it can be refrigerated for next use and heated as well. But eating rebaked meat often is not a good idea.
Some of the editors often ask me tips to prepare soft and tender piece of chicken like we get in restaurants. My only tip to use yogurt or marinate the meat in buttermilk overnight. If you don’t have the time to marinate it overnight. Then i prefered using very little yogurt to prepare soft and delicate chicken. I did try this final weekend and ready to get very nice andhra style chicken 65. Hence updating the post with new photos and more tips.
This recipe can be doubled and tripled simply, just kept an eye on the chilli powder and garlic used.
You may also seen Chicken Recipes below
Restaurant manner chicken 65 recipe
- Ingredients (260 ml cup used)
- 1 300 to 350 grams of boneless supple chicken
- 2 Corn flour 3 tbsp.
- 3 2 egg whites or whole egg for half kg chicken (optional, refer outline)
- 4 Deep frying for Oil
- 5 Cornflour or rice flour 1 tbsp
- 1. Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- 2. Pepper powder 1 tsp
- 3. Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- 4. Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- 5. Lemon juice 11/2 tsp. or yogurt 2 tbsp. (don't use sour card)
- 6. Salt to taste
- Gravy for chicken 65 recipe
- 1. Green chillies 4
- 2. Few sprigs curry leaves
- 3. Pepper powder 1 tsp
- 4. Chopped garlic 1 tsp
- 5. Cumin/ jeera 1 tsp
- Seasoning batter to coat the chicken
- 1. 3 big cloves of garlic paste
- 2. Sugar 1 tsp (remove pungent taste grom garlic)
- 3. Salt to taste
- 4. Thick yogurt 3 tbsp. (or vinegar 2 tsp with water 3 tbsp. )
- 5. Red chilli powder 2/4 tsp
- How to prepare the recipe
- Clean meat under running water and drain off completely. Soak it with marination ingredients. Set aside for at least 50 mins to 1 hour. Overnight yields the best smooth chicken.
- Prepare the gravying mixture. Mix red chilli powder, sugar, garlic paste, salt, yogurt or vinegar with water 3 tbsp. Keep this aside.
- Spray the dry flour over the marinate. If you select to use egg, you can use. Blend well. If needed spray little water for a good binding.
- Warm oil in a deep pan until hot enough to fry the meat, fry till they are baked fully and golden. Stir while frying for even brown. Drain them on a kitchen cloth.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp. oil. Combine curry leaves, green chillies and cumin, fry till the leaves turn crisp. you can set aside few for decorate.
- Add the gravy mixture we prepared above and let it begin to bubble.
- Combine the friedchicken and toss and fry on medium heat till the it absorb all the humidity and the raw smell of garlic disappears. Over frying can prepare the it hard, so switch off in time. Present with onion wedges.
- Using egg or egg white is optional, it locks in the meat juices and keeps it smooth, but it will leave an egg smell if you are serving it next after a while.
- Nutrition Information
- Calories: 420 Fat: 30g carbohydrates: 28g Sugar: 10g Sodium: 465mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 21g Cholesterol: 138mg
Step by Step photos on how to prepare chicken 65 recipe
1. Immerse chicken with ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, lemon juice or yogurt, Pepper powder or garam masala, turmeric and very little salt.
4. Mix well using very limited water or egg, one egg for half kg chicken. If you have used yogurt no requirement to use egg. But if you have not used yogurt, i advise using egg since it will locks the meat juices and continuting it from becoming hard when fried. Since i have prefered yogurt i did not use egg.
5. Heat oil and deep fry until brown.
7. To a bowl, mix garlic paste, red chilli powder, salt, very little sugar and yogurt or vinegar with 3 tbsp. water. To eliminate the pungent taste of garlic very little sugar is used but that doesn’t sweeten the dish. Some restaurants use yogurt, some prefer vinegar. To prepare andhra style chicken 65 yogurt.
8. To a pan 1 to 2 tbsp oil is taken when it is heated, add garlic, it is lightly fried add cumin, chopped green chillies and curry leaves.