Chicken lollipop, how to make Chicken lollipop recipe restaurant style
Chicken lollipop a famous South indian restaurnat manner chicken starter made with boneless meat. It is prepare so many ways. It is a fusion recipe, it is a mix of the Indian and Chinese style. It can be adjust to suit your taste, can prepare it an indian recipe by bounce the soya sauce.
To prepare chicken lollipop recipe, either drumsticks or whole chicken wings can be used. Both need to be frenched to get the structure of a lollipop. I have used drummettes. If you live in a area where drummettes are not available, you can replace whole chicken wings. If you are a starter and has not handled meat before i advise you try with drummettes. These are the first segment of the whole chicken wings and are fairly accessible to french.
The equivalent recipe can be ued to make grilled chicken lollipop, the only variation would be the color of the chicken. But once accomplished with sauce both look the same. While the roast ones get a grilled falvor , which is not for the browned chicken.
You may also seen Chicken Recipes below
I have obscure few step by step images, showing them as it is may irk beginners. But concentrate in few places, good enough to accept.
Chicken lollipop recipe
- Ingredients (250 ml cup used)
- 1. Chicken drummettes 11/4 kg
- 2. Oil as required
- 1. Garlic ginger paste 11/2 tbsp. or 1 tsp each of powder
- 2. Red chilli powder 1/2 to 1tsp or paprika (adjust)
- 3. Garam masala 1/2 tsp or any spice powder
- 4. Salt 1/4 tsp
- 5. Corn flour 5 tbsp or ( rice flour 3 tbsp)
- 1. 1 big onion
- 2. Ginger 2/4 tbsp.
- 3. Garlic 2/4 tbsp.
- 4. Soya sauce 11/2 tsp
- 5. Vinegar 11/2 tsp
- 6. Red chilli powder 2/4 tbsp. or paste ( can use 11/2 tbsp)
- 7. Sugar 11/2 tsp ( can reduce to 1)
- 8. Water 1 cup
- Celery or Coriander or as needed
- Combine 4 to 5 tbsp. Yogurt to a bowl, whisk it. Add water 11/2 cup and salt.
- Combine chicken and soak 11/2 hour to overnight to tenderize the chicken.
- Drain off the buttermilk and soak with marination ingredients except flour. Stir well.
- Combine corn flour added with salt.
- Fry or grill the chicken in oven until bake. Details specified in the step by step images above.
- 2 tsp oil added for seasoning and heat it.
- Cook garlic ginger until aromatic. Fry onions until translucent. While the onions fry prepare a paste of red chilli powder with 2 tbsp. water.
- Combine soya sauce and vinegar.
- Combine sugar and red chilli paste. Cook just for a while.
- Combine water and cook till the sauce condence.
- Combine toss and drumsticks.
- Decorate chicken lollipop with celery or coriander.
- Nutrition Information
- Calories: 625 Fat: 60g Carbohydrates: 19g
How to prepare Chicken lollipop recipe
1. Always choose to marinate the chicken in buttermilk for at least an hour. If using bigger wings or drummette i sugget marinate for 5 to 7 hours in refrigerator. I would not advised skipping this step as it absolutely help to yield soft and delicate chicken when grilled or fried. To prepare buttermilk, 4 to 5 tbsp curd/ yogurt mix to a bowl. Wipe it will with a fork. mix water 11/2 cup and 1/2 tsp salt and mix chicken to the butter milk. Always cover the chicken bowl and wrap with a few dispensable platic bag. Place the bowl in a separate section in the fridge which is not used for fruit, veggies and nuts.
4. Add salt with cornflour and mix it to the bowl. Combine well. If you do not like to need corn flour, you can also use pure and unbromated flour. you can prepare these without flour or can use only rice flour 3 tbsp as well.
5. Form them to balls on one side and area them all on a plate.
6. Grill or frizzle the chicken. Grill in a preheated oven at 250 C for 25 to 45 minutes depending on the size. Or warmth oil in a pan. When the oil is heated enough, deep fry them on medum high until baked. Do not frizzle on very high flame as it may brown the chicken outside without baking in the middle. Frying on a very small flame, will prepare the chicken hard. I haven’t tried not deep frying or pan frying since I am not certain if they get baked well.